Thursday, April 24, 2014

JFK to Casablanca, finally! (Laurie Miller)

It's 4:35pm Eastern time, and I'm sitting at JFK international airport, remembering the last time I was here. The last time was in 1996, when I was moving from Washington DC to Cyprus. Another adventure, another lifetime. I had two huge suitcases, two carry ons, a camera, and my two cats. It was July and it was very hot. I was moving to Cyprus to join my then-fiance, now my husband of 17 years, and we were starting a new life together.
Now, I'm embarking on a business trip that will be possibly the most memorable ever. I actually struck up a conversation with the French family behind me in line, and to my surprise, I understood every word they said, and more important, they understood me! I'm looking forward to meeting my colleague, Sue Mitchell, on this flight. We probably won't do more than say a few words to each other before nodding off for the all-night flight, but it's nice to have someone with whom to share the excitement.

A la prochaine!
#ibmcsc #ibmcscmorocco5

No comments:

Post a Comment