Tuesday, April 22, 2014

T minus 48 hours and counting

In just under 48 hours the first leg of my journey to Morocco will begin. Wheels up at 15:09 from Boston, then JFK direct to Casablanca. My assignment while there will be working with Grant and Duki on a roadmap for a pharmaceutical distribution and information management system for the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Ibn Rochd (CHUIR). It is a tremendous honour to be able to offer our technical expertise for such a worthy cause.

It will also be the first time I have met fellow IBM employees face to face in over 3 years. As a work from home employee in the boonies of New Hampshire I work regularly with colleagues from Atltanta, Chicago, Boulder, New York, Texas and Poland, we chat via ST and conference call daily yet I have never shaken their hand. Yet one more thing I get to appreciate as part of this experience: face time!

Most of all though, I can't wait to breathe the Moroccan air, meet the Moroccan people, taste the Moroccan food and soak up the Moroccan culture.

Sue Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment